Terms and Conditions
Drimnin House Terms and Conditions
Please note that when you book accommodation and services at Drimnin House the following terms and conditions form the basis of the contract. Drimnin House is let by Drimnin Estate in conjunction with a full catering service provided by Louise Lewis. All prices quoted include both the charge for accommodation and the catering service as well as VAT where applicable at the current rate of 20%
BOOKING AND PAYMENT
1. A deposit of 50% is required to confirm your booking with the balance payable at least six weeks prior to the start of the let. If the booking is made within six weeks of the let, the full amount is payable on booking. An email reminder will be sent before the balance is due. We reserve the right to charge interest on all payments not made by the due date and to cancel the booking and re-let if payments are not made within the required timescales. We also ask that a booking form be completed.
2. The nature and composition of your group should be discussed before booking to ensure that we can meet your requirements. Please advise any subsequent changes as soon as possible so that we may confirm feasibility and make any necessary changes to arrangements. The listed price for Drimnin House includes up to 16 guests.
3. Food supplies are charged separately on a per person per day basis (with a reduction for children under 12 years), payable 6 weeks before the start of the let.
4. A security deposit of £500 is payable for every booking at the time that the balance is paid. Assuming there are no damages, losses or extraordinary cleaning requirements this will be refunded within two weeks of your departure.
5. Payment may be made by bank transfer (please contact the Estate Office for account details) or a personal UK cheque. All payments must be made in sterling.
6. Cancellations must be made in writing, by letter or email, to the Estate Office. If we can re-let at the original price you will receive a full refund. If re-let for a reduced rate you will be liable for the difference plus an administration fee. If the booked dates cannot be re-let you will be liable for the full payment. Please note that lets of less than one week are non-refundable.
Please note that if you are unable or unwilling to travel for any other reason, our normal cancellation terms apply.
- Covid Clause: Your booking is subject to government Covid-19 restrictions in Scotland. In the event of Government Travel restrictions imposed on travel, including regional lockdowns or restrictions imposed on overseas visitors, or restrictions imposed on travel to Scotland or any cross-border restrictions, or the re-closure of holiday letting accommodation as a result of Covid-19 you would be entitled to defer your booking to a later date, receive a credit note or cancel your booking and receive a full refund.
7. All Drimnin properties are non-smoking. If the non-smoking policy is breached the security deposit may be wholly or partially retained to cover any cost of additional cleaning.
8. All bedding (duvets, sheets, pillows etc) and towels (bath, hand and dish) are provided.
9. All utility costs (electricity, oil, firewood and water) are included in the rental price.
10. Drimnin House internet is provided by a Drimnin Community Broadband via a BT connection in Tobermory. We have a 50mbps download speed and an unlimited data allowance. Please note you may see a reduction in speeds if multiple users are accessing streamed data simultaneously. Due to reduced signal strength if multiple users are accessing the Wi-Fi it may not be available in all areas of the house during heavy usage. Internet is provided under the terms of the Community Broadband contract (please request details if you require them)
11. Pets are welcome by arrangement at the time of booking and may be subject to an increased security deposit. Pets are not permitted on the furniture or in the bedrooms. Guests are responsible for cleaning up any fouling which their pets may cause around the property. Pets should not be left in the house unattended, and must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
12. Normal arrival and departure times are as follows:
Arrival 4.00pm Departure 10.00am. Departures after 12.00pm may be subject to an additional charge.
13. Any damage, breakages or spillages in the house should be reported as soon as possible so that they can be rectified immediately. The cost of any breakages will be deducted from the security deposit.
14. You are advised to take out holiday insurance, including cover for cancellation.
15. By confirming any booking you are confirming that you are over 18 and have read the information above.
16. Personal property and vehicles are accommodated at your own risk. Drimnin Estate takes no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property, vehicles or pets
17. Drimnin Estate does not accept liability or pay compensation for any loss, damage or expense caused by force majeure. Force majeure means any event which Drimnin Estate or the catering provider could not foresee or avoid such as war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, epidemic, pandemic, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, closure of airports or ports, technical problems with transport, governmental action and all other similar events.