Contacts, Travel Directions & Location Map
For general enquiries please complete the contact form at the bottom of this page and we will get back to you promptly.
General enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07714 248425 between 9am - 6pm .
For all holiday cottage bookings please use the direct link on each cottage page.
To book the B&B please call 07714 248425 or book online
Our postal address is Drimnin House, Drimnin Estate, Lochaline, Morvern, Oban, Argyll. PA80 5XZ.
Please note there is no taxi service either here in Drimnin or in Lochaline.
Car Hire (prebooking essential).
There is an electric car that can be hired for up to 6 days per person. Please contact Lochaline based Morvern Eco-wheel for more details or visit their website morvernecowheels.org
Travel Directions for Drimnin Estate (Including Achleanan Farmhouse, Ena's Cottage, The Lodge and Achnacriche B&B)
Below are the standard travel directions for our properties. Alternatively you can download the what3words app to your smartphone which will direct you here using your mobile phone and a three word code.
- Drimnin House = exposing.hurricane.kinder
- Ena's Cottage = upon.vital.expectant
- The Lodge = indicated.awoken.remotes
- Achleanan Farmhouse = grid.carbonate.caramel
- Achnacriche B&B = bounty.offshore.wasps
Standard travel directions
Heading north on the A82
• Heading north on the A82 near, shortly after Onich and before reaching Fort William take the Corran Ferry to Ardgour- a short scenic 5-10 minute crossing. The ferry departs every half an hour - last ferry 21:30 http://www.lochabertransport.org.uk/TransportinLochaber/PublicTransport/...
• Coming off the ferry at Ardgour, turn left on the A861 towards Strontian.
• PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IF YOU USE A SATNAV SYSTEM IT MAY DIRECT YOU LEFT TOO EARLY VIA KINGARLOCH INSTEAD (Although this route is beautiful and shorter beacuse of the nature of the road it will take considerably longer)
• After 12 miles, take the left turn on to the A884 signposted Lochaline.
• After approximately 17 miles, as you head downhill into Lochaline take the right turn on to the B849, signposted Drimnin.
• Follow this road for 11 miles and as you come into Drimnin cross over the Mungosdail River (indicated by a sign). The public road turns to the left, but carry straight on up the estate track signed Drimnin Estate
For Achnacriche B&B - Achnacriche is the first house on the right, just round the first corner, on the main estate track.
For Achleanan Farmhouse After half a mile turn right (Signed Achleanan & The Farm) off the main estate track and follow the track through the double gates at the farm. Follow the track uphill and through an additional gate and you will come to Achleanan Farmhouse, parking is beside the right hand side of the house.
For The Lodge - Continue along the main estate track and just through the iron gates. The Lodge is on the right.
For Ena’s Cottage and Drimnin House - Continue along the main estate track past The Lodge and take the next turning on the right (signed P and red arrow). This track will take you to Ena’s Cottage and the rear of Drimnin House.
In case of ferry disruptions
In the unlikely event of the Corran ferry being unable to run due to adverse weather or technical problems an alternative route is available. Although beautiful this route is longer (approx 1h 20mins) and takes you around Loch Linnhe and Loch Eil. Head through Fort William on the A82, then at the roundabout take the A830 to Malaig (sometimes signed the "Road to the Isles"). After Kinlocheil turn left onto the A861 towards Strontian. This will bring you to the Ardgour side of the Corran Ferry, and the remainder of your route remains the same as docking at Ardgour.